Many people are nervous about going to the doctor or hospital, especially when they need surgery or other invasive treatments. And they expect doctors, surgeons, and other healthcare professionals to follow procedures that ensure safe and high-quality care.
Unfortunately, mistakes happen in doctors’ offices, hospitals, and private clinics throughout Virginia as a result of healthcare professionals’ negligence. This carelessness can cause patients to suffer severe and often life-threatening complications.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our law firm has helped many patients who suffered as a result of their healthcare providers’ negligence. Three common types of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis – When providers fail to thoroughly examine patients or investigate their symptoms and medical histories, they can misdiagnose their illnesses, resulting in ineffective or even harmful treatment.
- Surgical errors – Surgeons who fail to follow proper safety procedures may operate on the wrong body parts of patients, or fail to remove surgical tools before finishing procedures can cause irreparable harm to their patients.
- Medication errors – Doctors and other healthcare professionals can put patients’ lives at risk when they fail to double-check symptoms or the medications they prescribe—especially when patients are given incorrect dosages or the wrong medications.
Filing a claim for compensation after being injured or becoming sick because of a healthcare professional’s negligence can seem intimidating. But our legal team is ready to help so that you can focus on getting better. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
Whether you were injured in a car or motorcycle accident, it can be devastating to know that the person who caused the crash fled the scene and is still at-large.
Not knowing who hurt you is frustrating, and it can make getting compensation more complicated. However, just because the other driver left the scene doesn’t mean you’re out of luck when it comes to filing an injury claim.
In some cases, hit-and-run drivers are located hours, days, or weeks after accidents happen. They may be found after evidence is analyzed, including:
- Surveillance or traffic camera footage – If the accident happened at or near an intersection, there may be traffic camera footage of the crash and the vehicle involved. Accidents that happen in residential or commercial areas also may be recorded by surveillance cameras.
- Witness statements – Information provided by witnesses can help police track down hit-and-run drivers. They can provide details such as a description of the suspect, the vehicle he or she was driving, and partial or complete license plate numbers.
- Accident scene debris – Paint smudges, skid marks, broken glass, and other vehicle fragments can help our investigators piece together the type of vehicle that was involved in the crash—which can lead to the hit-and-run driver.
Even if the hit-and-run driver isn’t found, you still may have options for filing a claim for compensation and getting the money you and your loved ones deserve.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we know what it takes to help injured victims like you move forward with their lives after accidents that were caused by another person’s negligence. Fill out a free online form to get in touch with our Roanoke auto accident lawyers.
Awareness programs and increased enforcement by police officers have helped educate the public about three of the biggest causes of car crashes: speeding, drunk driving, and distracted driving. But when you’re driving a vehicle at speeds up to 70 mph near other vehicles that are traveling the same speed or faster, it’s important to be aware of every factor that can result in a crash.
Two overlooked factors that can result in car accidents include:
- Illnesses and diseases – Drivers with serious conditions that can result in loss of consciousness, reduced or lost vision, sudden sleepiness, or recurring fatigue should avoid getting behind the wheel. In addition, people taking medications that result in any of those side effects should also avoid driving.
- Faulty GPS systems – Whether it’s your smartphone or a stand-alone GPS device, having a virtual “assistant” help you navigate on your road trip or just around town can be helpful and save you time. But it’s important to keep your eyes on the road and to trust your instincts. GPS systems aren’t always right, and they can sometimes lead drivers down closed roads or one-way streets while heading in the wrong direction.
No matter what caused your car accident, you need an experienced Roanoke auto accident lawyer on your side to protect you. The insurance company may be reluctant to give you the compensation you need—or they may deny your claim altogether. At Skolrood Law Firm, we can fight for your rights. Schedule a free consultation today. Let us work hard while you focus on getting better.
Nothing can prepare you for the death of a loved one. Even when anticipated, the shock can still shake up your entire life. That shock is magnified when a death comes unexpectedly or is caused by someone else. The term ‘wrongful death’ refers to a death brought about by the carelessness or negligence of an individual or other entity, such as a corporation or government. As a surviving family member, you have the right to seek damages from the at-fault party, and we encourage you to do so.
Your loved one’s death does more than deprive your family of their companionship. It deprives you and your family of your loved one’s potential. Over the course of their lives, they would have provided valuable resources for your family that can no longer be realized. That loss of income, opportunity, and potential must be reconciled, and that’s exactly what we seek to do at Skolrood Law Firm.
If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, contact our experienced Roanoke wrongful death attorneys today for a free consultation. We’d be happy to review your case at no cost or obligation, so you and your family can take the right next steps confidently. You don’t have to go through this alone. Contact us today.
The trucking industry has been around for decades. Although trucking companies keep our country moving forward, it has sometimes been at the expense of its drivers. Extensive pressure to meet deadlines has led to some of the most horrific truck accidents in Virginia history. Although safety regulations and protocols have reduced the ability of trucking companies to push their drivers past their limits, fatigued truck drivers may still be on the road today.
If you’ve been in a serious truck accident, you better believe the trucking company and their insurance providers are going to try to minimize your claim. That could mean thousands of dollars less in compensation than you deserve for your injuries. How do you fight for what you deserve? Sadly, it can be difficult to protect your rights on your own, especially considering the teams of lawyers working against you. That’s why you need to level the playing field by hiring your own experienced Roanoke truck accident attorney.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we have decades of experience fighting for the rights of Virginia truck accident victims, and we’re ready to put that experience to work for you. Take the first step in maximizing your injury claim and give us a call today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
It’s scary how quickly your 4,000 lb. car can be transformed into a heap of scrap metal. Because of their injuries, many of our car accident clients don’t see the damage to their vehicle until well after their accident. When they do, it can be an emotional experience. The wreckage is a tangible reminder of just how close they came to losing everything.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we believe every car accident victim should hold at-fault drivers accountable for their negligence. Although you’re in a great deal of pain and have a long recovery ahead, you have the ability to do something about what has been done to you. It’s not about getting even. It’s about getting the compensation you need for your recovery. The at-fault driver almost took your life. Don’t let them take your financial future as well.
If you’ve been injured, call our experienced Roanoke car accident attorneys today for a free consultation. We’ll review your case at no charge or obligation, and begin fighting on your behalf the moment we take your case. You survived your accident, but you still have your financial future to fight for. Contact us today.
Your health is your most valuable asset, plain and simple. We trust our doctors and hospitals to protect our health through sound counsel and treatment. Although the medical profession has taken giant leaps in the past 100 years, new technology and knowledge are often accompanied by increased confidence. When doctors put ego above their patients’ well-being, the results can be devastating.
Medical malpractice occurs when medical negligence leads to the patient’s undue harm. For example, if your surgical staff makes an error that leads to health complications, you may have a medical malpractice case. Although it may seem pretty straightforward, proving medical malpractice in Roanoke can be anything but easy. You need an experienced legal team on your side to help determine what went wrong and why. That requires an in-depth investigation that you simply can’t take on yourself.
If you’ve suffered harm during surgery or other medical procedure, the medical malpractice lawyers at Skolrood may be able to help. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll review your case at no cost so you can get the answers you need with zero risk. You’ve been through so much already. It’s time you get the help you need. Contact us today.
A motorcycle accident claim in Roanoke isn’t something you should take on alone. Doing so could leave you and your family in a difficult financial situation that you may not be able to pull yourself out of. The problems come right from the start. Proving fault in a motorcycle accident can be tricky, especially if there were no witnesses. Someone with questionable integrity could try to pin the blame on you, even though it was their fault. If the officer at the scene sees it their way, it can make getting fair compensation extremely difficult.
Even if the accident report indicates you were the victim in the accident, you still have a long road ahead dealing with the insurance company. They want you to go away as quickly as possible, so they may throw a decent settlement offer at you soon following your accident. In our experience, these offers won’t cover all of your expenses long-term, nor will they compensate you for lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Don’t fall for it. Call an experienced motorcycle accident attorney instead.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, Skolrood Law Firm may be able to help. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. Because we ride as well, we know what you’re going through and we’ll do everything within our power to make sure you get full compensation for your injuries. Don’t take on the big insurance company alone. Contact us today.
You’ve been in a serious car accident. You’re injured; you’re scared; and you don’t know where to turn for help. You’re going to get a lot of advice from folks over the next few weeks. The insurance company may be one of them. But how do you know which advice is sound?
Take a minute to learn the two biggest mistakes car accident victims make and then use that as your barometer for any advice you receive.
1) Failing to get proper medical treatment. You need a couple things to fully recover physically after a car accident: time and medical treatment. You should never refuse medical treatment or pass on a scheduled appointment, because doing so could lead to setbacks or further injuries.
2) Dealing with the insurance company alone. Although you might think the insurance company is looking out for your best interests, the fact remains that the insurance company is a business. They make their money by paying out less in claims than they take in in premiums. They have every motivation to pay you less than you deserve for your injury claim if you’ll take it. Without an experienced Roanoke car accident attorney on your side, you might miss out on thousands of dollars that you’ll need to fully recover.
If you’ve been injured, call the car accident attorneys at Skolrood Law Firm today for a free consultation. Because we win only if you win, you know that we’ll be looking out for your best interests. Contact us today.
If someone you know broke into your home and stole something valuable, you’d do something about it, right? Of course you would. What they did was wrong and they need to be held accountable for it. At the very least, you deserve to have whatever they took from you returned. Unfortunately, for the families of a wrongful death victim, what has been taken can never be returned.
If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you and your family may need substantial financial support going forward. You’ve lost more than a loved one. You’ve lost a contributor to your family. Their future potential has been taken from you and your family, leaving you in a tough financial position. At the Skolrood Law Firm, we hold individuals and organizations accountable for carelessly taking the lives of others. That means seeking maximum financial compensation for the victims’ families.
Your family has been through a traumatic experience, and we wish we could say it’ll get easier soon. The reality is you never fully recover from this type of loss, but in time you will heal. Focus on that. Let us focus on getting your loved one justice. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our experienced Roanoke wrongful death attorneys will fully investigate your loved one’s death and work to get you and your family the financial compensation you deserve.
You don’t have to go through this alone. Contact us today.