Were you recently involved in a motorcycle accident? If so, you may be suffering from serious injuries that make it difficult or impossible for you to go back to work—and when you’re not working, you’re not earning the paychecks your family depends on. That means you may be struggling to pay for your family’s day-to-day expenses, let alone your medical bills.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers know how painful, debilitating, and expensive motorcycle crashes can be for victims. You have enough to deal with already—the last thing you need is weeks or months of back and forth with the insurance company while trying to get the money you deserve. Let us handle that on your behalf while you focus on getting better.
When you choose us to handle your claim, we can collect evidence that proves you weren’t at fault for your accident. Then, we’ll calculate how much money you and your loved ones need to move forward with your lives, including compensation for your current and future medical bills and lost wages. Finally, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your chances of getting every penny you deserve.
Insurance companies don’t always treat motorcycle accident victims fairly, and that means you may be fighting an uphill battle from the day you file your claim. We’re ready to help level the playing field for you, and we want to use our experience and resources to stay one step ahead of the insurance company. Call today for a free consultation.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our attorneys are dedicated to helping innocent victims get compensation after they suffer injuries that affect their ability to work and earn a living for their families. Many injuries can result in temporary or permanent disability, but traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are unique due to their capacity to cause permanent personality, cognitive, and behavioral changes in victims.
People who suffer TBIs can experience a wide range of side effects and complications. Some victims may experience only minor effects, while others may experience profound difficulties in everyday life. It’s not uncommon for TBI victims to require assistance with day-to-day living tasks, while others may need around-the-clock care and supervision.
The stress that TBIs put on both victims and their loved ones can be overwhelming, especially when victims were the primary income-earners for their households. The costs associated with TBIs, including rehabilitation, can be enormous and difficult to manage on a reduced family income.
If you or someone you love suffered a TBI because of another person’s or party’s negligence, you deserve maximum compensation. Our Roanoke traumatic brain injury lawyers know what you’re going through, and it’s our goal to help you get the money you need for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Don’t trust just any law firm with your family’s recovery after such a serious injury. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
Despite commercials and marketing campaigns reassuring drivers that insurance companies will have their backs after accidents, many car crash victims face hurdles when they pursue compensation. Because insurance companies are in business to make big profits, they reduce or sometimes deny the settlements that innocent victims deserve for accident-related expenses, including medical bills and lost wages.
Insurance companies employ teams of adjusters whose job is to find ways to pay victims as little as possible after their accidents. In many cases, adjusters spend hours talking to victims on the phone or online to gain their trust, but they often use their own statements against them to reduce or deny their claims. At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke auto accident attorneys believe that victims should be on a level playing field after crashes, and that’s where we come in.
If you or someone you love was recently injured in a crash that wasn’t your fault, you need an experienced legal team on your side that can protect you form the insurance company’s tricks and tactics. It can be difficult to navigate the claims process if you’ve never been involved in a serious accident before, especially when you’re trying to recover from your injuries and get back to work.
We stay one step ahead of insurance companies, and we know how to build claims that get results. Contact us today for a free consultation.
If you experienced health problems or complications after being treated by a medical professional, there’s a chance that you’re a victim of medical malpractice. However, getting compensation for your malpractice-related expenses, including additional medical bills and lost wages, requires proving that your doctor, surgeon, or other provider was negligent while treating you.
Filing a claim requires plenty of evidence that healthcare administrators and insurance adjusters can’t deny. Unfortunately, that evidence isn’t always easy to find. Many medical mistakes can be attributed to causes other than negligence or carelessness, making it difficult for victims to get their compensation claims off the ground, let alone get favorable outcomes.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke medical malpractice attorneys can investigate your injury, illness, or complications and determine if medical malpractice occurred. If we find that malpractice occurred, we can aggressively pursue evidence that supports the fact that you were harmed by people who were supposed to protect you. That includes collecting medical records, interviewing witnesses and involved parties, and even enlisting the help of medical professionals to determine what happened and why you suffered harm.
Don’t let the healthcare industry deny you the money you deserve after everything you’ve been through. You put your trust in medical professionals, and they violated it by not giving you the attention and care you’re entitled to. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we may be able to help.
Big trucks represent a small percentage of vehicles on Virginia’s roadways, but their sheer size and weight makes it difficult to miss them. In fact, semi-trucks can be dozens of feet in length, and they can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when they’re fully loaded.
The size differences between tractor trailers and even the largest pickup trucks and SUVs means that occupants of passenger vehicles are at a high risk of suffering serious injuries during big truck accidents. Although many truck accidents are due to factors out of victims’ control, some crashes are caused by drivers who aren’t aware of the unique challenges and risks associated with driving semi-trucks.
Because truck drivers sit high off the ground in tractor trailers, they have enormous blind spots surrounding their cabins and their trailers. Those blind spots are called “No Zones,” and they include:
- 20 feet in front of the cabin—Truck drivers may have difficulty seeing vehicles that are approximately one full car length in front of them.
- 1 lane underneath the driver side door—When truck drivers look out of their windows, they may be unable to see vehicles directly next to and below them.
- 2 lanes underneath and behind the passenger side door—Truck drivers can’t see the road next to their passenger side doors, and their mirrors are limited when showing that angle as well.
- 30 feet behind the trailer—If you can’t see a truck’s mirrors, the driver can’t see you. This “No Zone” is roughly two car lengths long.
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident involving a big truck, contact a Roanoke truck accident lawyer today. We’re ready to investigate your crash and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences in life. It can be even more difficult if the death was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers are here to help surviving family members get compensation for the losses of their loved ones. Whether your loved one’s death was due to an auto accident, a medical mistake, a lack of workplace safety protocols, or any other negligence-related oversight, our team is ready to help you and your family.
When you choose our law firm to handle your claim, we’ll start working on your behalf right away by:
- Collecting evidence that proves negligence contributed to your loved one’s death—Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay fair claims to surviving family members after wrongful deaths. We can collect evidence that leaves no doubt about the circumstances that led to your loved one’s death.
- Calculating how much money your family is owed—Losing a loved one isn’t just emotionally traumatic—it can also be financially devastating. We’ll determine how much money your family deserves for things like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering—and then we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to help you get every penny.
Wrongful death claims are sensitive in nature and require the help of law firms that know how to navigate their complexities. Don’t trust your wrongful death claim with just any attorney—contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for your family.
Nursing homes are supposed to be safe places where residents are treated with care, dignity, and respect. But some nursing homes are designed to generate big profits—and sometimes that happens at the expense of residents’ health and well-being.
When nursing homes cut costs, it often results in insufficient staffing and employees who are undertrained and unqualified for their positions. Those cost-saving measures can ultimately result in poor quality of care for residents. Over time, residents may even be subject to abuse and neglect.
Residents who are abused or neglected have poor outcomes, and they often experience worsening of their health problems. Some may even face life-threatening complications due to malnutrition, incorrect or irregular medication dosages, delayed diagnoses, and physical violence.
If you suspect that your loved one was abused or neglected while living in a nursing home, contact a Roanoke nursing home abuse attorney today. When you contact us, we’ll do everything we can to help you get maximum compensation for your loved one’s medical bills and pain and suffering. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for the nursing home’s negligence.
Call Skolrood Law Firm today for a free consultation, and let us investigate your loved one’s nursing home. If you choose us to handle your case, we’ll collect evidence that proves negligence occurred, and we’ll fight to get you and your loved one the compensation you deserve.
The aftermath of a car crash is a painful, stressful, and traumatic time for you and your loved ones. You may be dealing with severe injuries and unsure of your next steps. Getting help and notifying the right parties of the crash can help you protect your health and your rights to maximum compensation—and it all starts with making the right phone calls.
Three of the most important calls you can make after a crash include:
- 911—Never assume that someone has already called 911 after an accident. The sooner you call, the faster emergency responders will arrive. Police officers can create an accident report and help navigate traffic away from the crash scene, while paramedics can administer aid to you and other victims.
- Your auto insurance provider—Most insurance companies require notification of auto accidents within a day or two after they occur. Calling right away can help you remain eligible for compensation, especially if your plan includes personal injury protection or uninsured/underinsured motorist protection.
- A Roanoke auto accident lawyer—Auto accident injuries lead to expensive medical bills and a prolonged time away from work—and that means no paychecks. Getting a lawyer on your side can help you recover compensation for your accident-related expenses, but if you wait too long, it may be more difficult for your claim to succeed.
When you choose Skolrood Law Firm, you’ll get peace of mind knowing that your claim is in good hands. It’s our goal to take some of the burden of the crash off your shoulders so you can focus on getting better. Call us today for a free consultation.
Your health and ability to earn a living for your family are vital to your life and even your identity. When they get temporarily or permanently taken away because of someone else’s negligence, you should get full compensation for your losses.
Unfortunately, many accident victims end up paying for their medical bills out of their own pockets—and that can be difficult when they’re too hurt to work. At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke personal injury lawyers fight to prevent that from happening.
We know what it takes to build strong claims that increase victims’ chances of getting maximum compensation. When you choose us to handle your claim, we’ll stay ahead of the insurance company by taking the following steps:
- Collecting evidence that proves you weren’t at fault—Whether you were hurt in an auto accident, truck accident, work accident, motorcycle accident, or any other accident, we can collect evidence that leaves no doubt about who or what caused your injuries.
- Negotiating to get you a fair settlement—Insurance companies earn big profits year after year by reducing or denying claims. We won’t let adjusters take advantage of you—instead, we’ll negotiate to get you the compensation you deserve.
In addition, we’ll handle all communication with the insurance company from the day we take on your claim. That’s one less thing you’ll have to worry about as you focus on getting better. Don’t risk missing out on the financial recovery you’re entitled to receive—contact us today for a free consultation.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) oversees the trucking industry in the U.S. It’s responsible for creating guidelines and rules that all parties involved in the industry must abide by, including truck owners, drivers, and companies. And while negligence on the part of any or all three of those parties can contribute to crashes, driver error remains one of the most common causes of all accidents—including big truck accidents.
When you contact a Roanoke truck accident attorney at Skolrood Law Firm, we search for evidence that could imply that truck drivers were negligent or careless in the hours or minutes leading up to accidents. Three common ways that truck drivers can contribute to crashes include:
- Driving while exhausted—The FMCSA limits the number of hours truck drivers can be on duty without resting or having sufficient time to sleep. When truck drivers exceed that limit, they put themselves and other drivers at risk.
- Driving while impaired—Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is dangerous regardless of the vehicle you’re in—but it can be especially deadly when that vehicle is a semi truck. Truck drivers who drive while impaired aren’t just violating state laws, they’re also violating federal regulations.
- Driving without proper training or credentials—It’s not easy to maneuver big 18-wheelers. Being a truck driver requires plenty of training and testing. Some drivers may forge or lie about their credentials to get on the road, and their inexperience and lack of skill can cause serious accidents.
If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident, contact our legal team today for a free consultation.