If you’re on the fence on whether or not to hire a lawyer after your accident, you might be wondering what a lawyer can do for you that you can’t do alone. That’s a fair question with a long answer. We could name dozens of ways a lawyer can help with your injury claim, but for brevity’s sake, here are our top 5:
- More money. Research shows that accident victims with lawyers get more money than those without. That’s more money for medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses to help you put this accident behind you.
- Paperwork. There are mountains of paperwork and filing deadlines required in order to file a lawsuit in the state of Virginia. An experienced car accident attorney will take care of this paperwork on your behalf, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Experience. Chances are this is your first serious car accident. You don’t know what pitfalls to avoid or how to avoid them. An experienced attorney who has handled thousands of car accident cases can help you navigate the process with confidence.
- Negotiations. The insurance company is going to try to pay you as little as possible for your injuries. Insurance companies know they can’t push an experienced lawyer around, and therefore will usually bring more money to the table.
- Recovery. If you handle your injury claim on your own, be prepared to dedicate a large amount of time to the effort. By hiring a lawyer, you free yourself up to focus on what’s most important—your recovery.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, get an experienced Norfolk car accident attorney on your side. We’ll do everything within our power to get you the most money in the least amount of time. Don’t risk going it alone. Call us today.