September 12th, 2019
Because of their affordability, excellent fuel efficiency, and easy parking, people of all walks of life ride motorcycles. However, insurance companies often view motorcyclists as being reckless, aggressive, and even dangerous on roadways. When motorcyclists are involved in road accidents, insurers and their teams of adjusters may try to assign blame to riders—even when there’s evidence that shows they weren’t at fault.
This unfair bias results in countless injured motorcyclists having their compensation claims reduced or denied every year. At Skolrood Law Firm, we believe that motorcyclists should always get a fair shake when it comes to getting money for their medical bills and lost wages. That’s why we do everything in our power to build strong claims for riders that insurance companies can’t simply dismiss out of hand.
Unfortunately, getting fair treatment from the insurance company is a rare occurrence—especially if you’re a motorcyclist. Trying to get compensation on your own after a motorcycle accident can be like rolling the dice. Our Roanoke motorcycle accident attorneys see the bias that motorcyclists face all the time, and we know how frustrating, stressful, and unfair it can be.
When you contact us, we’ll use our years of experience to build a claim that leaves no doubt about who was at fault. We compile enough evidence and present it in such a manner that even the most biased insurance company will have no choice but to reconsider their kneejerk reaction to the accident. Ready to get the money you deserve? Contact us today for a free consultation.
July 18th, 2019
As a motorcyclist, you have to take extra precautions to protect yourself in the event of a crash. That means wearing safety equipment and riding gear like a helmet, riding jacket and pants, gloves, and boots. But as you may already know, even the safest motorcyclists are no match for negligent drivers.
If you were recently hurt in a motorcycle accident, your injuries may be serious, and you may be out of work for the foreseeable future. Getting compensation for your accident-related expenses is likely one of your biggest priorities, but it’s not always easy for victims to get the money they deserve if their injuries occurred while riding their motorcycles.
When you contact the Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers at Skolrood Law Firm, we’ll maximize your chances of getting full compensation by taking the following steps:
- We’ll prove you weren’t at fault—Insurance companies are often biased against motorcyclists, and the adjuster may think you were at fault. We’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about who caused the accident.
- We’ll determine how much money you’re owed—Between medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, you should be owed a substantial settlement. We’ll find out how much money you and your family need after the accident.
- We’ll communicate and negotiate with the insurance company—When you’re recovering from a motorcycle accident, dealing with the insurance company is the last thing you want to do. We’ll handle all communication and negotiate to get you a fair settlement.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We want to put our experience to work for you.
May 30th, 2019
Motorcycle accidents are much more likely to result in serious, debilitating, and even disabling injuries than motor vehicle accidents. That’s because even the most well-equipped riders still face significant risks when they’re involved in crashes due to a lack of safety features. Cars, pickup trucks, and SUVs are equipped with seat belts and airbags to protect occupants, but motorcyclists can easily be thrown from their bikes when they lose control or collide with other objects or vehicles.
The injuries associated with motorcycle accidents often result in days, weeks, or months away from work. Some victims may even become permanently disabled and are left unable to earn the paychecks their families depend on. At Skolrood Law Firm, we know how devastating injuries can be for victims when they leave them unable to earn a living, and that’s why we do everything in our power to help them get maximum compensation.
If you or someone you love was recently hurt in a motorcycle accident, you need an aggressive Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyer on your side who won’t take no for an answer and won’t settle for less than what you deserve. When you choose us to take on your claim, we’ll collect evidence that proves you weren’t at fault, and we’ll also determine exactly how much money you’re owed for your medical bills and lost wages—both now and in the future.
Finally, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company until we get an offer that’s fair for what you’ve been through. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’re ready to put our years of experience to work for you.
April 18th, 2019
Were you recently involved in a motorcycle accident? If so, you may be suffering from serious injuries that make it difficult or impossible for you to go back to work—and when you’re not working, you’re not earning the paychecks your family depends on. That means you may be struggling to pay for your family’s day-to-day expenses, let alone your medical bills.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers know how painful, debilitating, and expensive motorcycle crashes can be for victims. You have enough to deal with already—the last thing you need is weeks or months of back and forth with the insurance company while trying to get the money you deserve. Let us handle that on your behalf while you focus on getting better.
When you choose us to handle your claim, we can collect evidence that proves you weren’t at fault for your accident. Then, we’ll calculate how much money you and your loved ones need to move forward with your lives, including compensation for your current and future medical bills and lost wages. Finally, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your chances of getting every penny you deserve.
Insurance companies don’t always treat motorcycle accident victims fairly, and that means you may be fighting an uphill battle from the day you file your claim. We’re ready to help level the playing field for you, and we want to use our experience and resources to stay one step ahead of the insurance company. Call today for a free consultation.
January 17th, 2019
If you were recently injured while riding your motorcycle, you may have suffered serious and even disabling injuries. The medical bills you’re facing may be too much for your family to bear, especially if your disability prevents you from going back to work in the near future.
To make matters worse, insurance companies are rarely sympathetic to motorcyclists. In fact, they often look into motorcycle accident claims already biased against riders—even when the riders were following all traffic laws and other motorists caused their accidents.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident attorneys believe that motorcyclists should never be treated unfairly after crashes. However, we also know that dispelling stereotypes and preconceived notions can be difficult for motorcyclists, especially when they’re seriously injured and don’t have the time and energy to collect evidence that proves they weren’t at fault.
That’s why our legal team does everything in its power to protect motorcyclists and maximize their chances of getting the compensation they deserve. Even the most biased insurance companies and adjusters can’t deny hard evidence that riders didn’t cause their own accidents. When you choose us to handle your motorcycle accident claim, we’ll collect proof to determine who was at fault, and then we’ll negotiate to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
November 8th, 2018
Because motorcycles have no built-in protection for riders, accidents that occur on two wheels can be extremely dangerous. The severe injuries associated with motorcycle accidents, including head injuries, spinal injuries, and skin injuries, often require expensive medical treatments and prolonged periods away from work.
Many motorcycle accident victims who were hurt by negligent drivers want to pursue compensation claims, but they may not know how much money they’re eligible to receive. No two motorcycle accident claims are alike, and the dollar figures associated with them can vary.
However, there are a few factors that our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers discuss with our clients to help them understand what they can receive compensation for:
- Current and future lost wages—In addition to the money victims can receive for the work they’ve missed up until the day they receive their settlement checks, they also may be eligible to receive money for future wages if their disabilities will prevent them from returning to work.
- Current and future medical bills—Motorcycle accident victims often need immediate medical attention to stabilize their conditions. That treatment is often expensive, but it’s usually not the end of their healthcare needs. Victims are also entitled to seek compensation for the costs of future medical treatments.
It’s important to have an experienced legal team on your side after your motorcycle accident that knows what you’re going through and knows how to calculate how much you’re owed.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we’ll collect evidence, calculate damages, and then negotiate with the insurance company to get you the money you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.
September 13th, 2018
Passenger vehicles are becoming safer due to advanced safety features and improved designs. That makes the average person on Virginia’s roadways safer than ever, but people who get around on two wheels still face significant dangers every time they travel.
Wearing all the gear, all the time can help riders reduce their risks, but it can’t eliminate them. And when accidents occur at high speeds or involve collisions with other vehicles or stationary objects, riders are at extreme risk of suffering disabling and even life-threatening injuries.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident attorneys understand that riders face unique challenges both in their recoveries and in their abilities to pursue compensation for their accident-related expenses. That’s because insurance companies often view their claims with skepticism and are reluctant to pay them the money that they deserve—even when their accidents were caused by someone else’s negligence.
Common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and neck injuries—Riders are at risk of suffering traumatic brain injuries during crashes, especially if they don’t wear helmets or wear helmets that don’t provide adequate protection. They also may suffer neck and spinal injuries that can result in paralysis.
- Broken bones—Riding gear can protect the skin during crashes, but riders may still suffer from broken bones. Compound fractures can require immediate medical intervention and require months of healing and rehabilitation.
Getting an experienced legal team on your side after your motorcycle accident can make all the difference when it comes to getting the compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
July 26th, 2018
With summer in full swing, there are plenty of motorcyclists on Virginia’s streets, highways, and interstates at any given time.
Most motorcyclists are well aware of the risks they face every time they head out to ride, and that’s why you’ll see many wearing full gear, including their riding jacket, pants, helmet, gloves, and boots.
But even if motorcyclists like you take all of the necessary precautions, you can still be seriously injured if you’re involved in an accident with another vehicle. That’s because motorcycles have no built-in safety features to protect riders.
To make matters worse, it can be extremely difficult for injured riders to get compensation for their injuries. That’s because insurance companies are often biased against motorcyclists, and their adjusters may believe that motorcyclists themselves are to blame for their accidents.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident attorneys fight to dispel negative stereotypes and biases that cause innocent riders like you to be denied a chance to get compensation for your accident-related expenses. When you choose us to handle your claim, we achieve that by taking the following steps:
- We’ll prove the accident wasn’t your fault—Our legal team will collect evidence that shows the driver caused the crash, including the police accident report, witness statements, and even accident reconstruction data.
- We’ll prove your injuries occurred during the crash—Insurance companies can and often do deny victims compensation if they don’t believe their injuries are linked to a particular accident. We’ll collect medical reports and even call on expert medical witnesses to prove your injuries were a direct result of the crash.
Let us help you get the respect, attention, and outcome you deserve from the insurance company. Call our legal team today for a free consultation.
June 28th, 2018
Temperatures and humidity have been high so far this summer in Roanoke, and that can make wearing full riding gear more uncomfortable than usual for motorcyclists.
But forgoing any aspect of riding gear can significantly increase the risk of serious injuries during accidents. “All the gear, all the time” is a common phrase in the motorcycle community, and it means that you should never ride anywhere, whether it’s a cross-country road trip or a short drive down the street, without proper protective gear.
Some riders may ride with only their helmets on during the summer to avoid the heat, but they risk many serious injuries, including:
- Road rash—Any exposed skin can be subject to painful and debilitating road rash during motorcycle accidents. There’s no part of the body that’s likely to be spared during a crash, and that’s why it’s vital for riders to wear gear that covers as much skin as possible.
- Lost digits—Gloves and riding boots do more than just protect skin—they can also protect fingers and toes from severe injuries that can result in severe nerve damage and partial or complete amputation. Gloves and boots that are designed for riding serve as an important line of defense during accidents, and riders should never get on their bikes without wearing them.
Motorcycle safety gear has come a long way in recent years, and it’s easy to find gear that’s breathable and comfortable, even when it’s hot outside.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers know that wearing protective gear can reduce the risk of injuries, but it can’t reduce the risk of accidents—especially when other drivers are negligent.
If you were injured by a careless driver, we’re here to help. Call today for a free consultation.
May 24th, 2018
If you’re a motorcyclist, you know that you face a lot of hazards on Virginia’s roadways that may not affect drivers in cars, trucks, and SUVs. Potholes, loose gravel, and wet asphalt can cause even the most experienced riders to lose control of their bikes.
Other vehicles are another significant risk factor, especially when drivers aren’t actively looking out for motorcyclists. There’s no scenario more dangerous for motorcyclists than inattentive drivers who are making left turns.
Whether they’re at intersections or they’re turning from a stopped position in the middle of the road, drivers don’t always look for motorcyclists before turning left. And when motorcyclists are approaching their position, serious accidents can occur.
You can reduce your risks of being involved in this type of accident by:
- Spotting vehicles that may be turning left early—As you approach an intersection, be on the lookout for vehicles in left turn lanes. Stay focused on them as you get closer, and be prepared to slow down if one of the vehicles turns left into your path.
- Wearing brightly colored riding gear—One of the biggest reasons that drivers turn left into the paths of motorcyclists is because they don’t see them. Motorcycles are small and low-profile compared to cars, trucks, and SUVs. You can make yourself more visible by wearing safety gear that’s brightly colored and reflective.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help if you or someone you love were hurt by a left-turning driver. It’s our goal to help you maximize your chances of getting the compensation you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.