February 21st, 2019
Your health and ability to earn a living for your family are vital to your life and even your identity. When they get temporarily or permanently taken away because of someone else’s negligence, you should get full compensation for your losses.
Unfortunately, many accident victims end up paying for their medical bills out of their own pockets—and that can be difficult when they’re too hurt to work. At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke personal injury lawyers fight to prevent that from happening.
We know what it takes to build strong claims that increase victims’ chances of getting maximum compensation. When you choose us to handle your claim, we’ll stay ahead of the insurance company by taking the following steps:
- Collecting evidence that proves you weren’t at fault—Whether you were hurt in an auto accident, truck accident, work accident, motorcycle accident, or any other accident, we can collect evidence that leaves no doubt about who or what caused your injuries.
- Negotiating to get you a fair settlement—Insurance companies earn big profits year after year by reducing or denying claims. We won’t let adjusters take advantage of you—instead, we’ll negotiate to get you the compensation you deserve.
In addition, we’ll handle all communication with the insurance company from the day we take on your claim. That’s one less thing you’ll have to worry about as you focus on getting better. Don’t risk missing out on the financial recovery you’re entitled to receive—contact us today for a free consultation.
December 6th, 2018
Suffering an injury because of another person’s negligence isn’t just painful and stressful—it can also be extremely expensive. Medical bills are huge financial drains for families, and the more severe your injury is, the more you may have to pay to get it treated.
In addition, your injury may leave you unable to work for weeks or even months. Without the paychecks your family depends on, your savings, credit cards, and other finances may take a serious hit.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke personal injury attorneys fight for the rights of people who were hurt through no fault of their own. Innocent victims like you shouldn’t have to front the cost of your own treatments when someone else caused your injury, and you shouldn’t have to suffer financially because you’re too hurt to go to work.
Our legal team knows personal injury claims, and we know what it takes to win. From gathering evidence and proving the other party was at fault, to calculating your accident-related expenses and negotiating with the insurance company, we’re ready to handle all aspects of your case.
You have enough on your plate already—you should be focused on getting better, getting back to work, and spending time with your family. You shouldn’t have to spend your days collecting and filling out paperwork and playing phone tag with the insurance company. Leave those details up to us while you rest and recover.
Call today for a free consultation.
August 23rd, 2018
Suffering a serious injury can have devastating effects on your life. In addition to causing you to experience pain and reduced quality of life, your injury also may make it difficult or impossible for you to work. And when you’re already facing expensive medical bills, you and your loved ones may experience significant financial hardship.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke personal injury lawyers believe that victims shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for injuries that weren’t their fault. Whether you were hurt in an auto accident, a motorcycle accident, a truck accident, or during a medical procedure, you can count on us to give you the legal representation, advice, and advocacy you deserve.
It’s important to have an experienced law firm on your side when you pursue compensation for a personal injury claim. That’s because insurance companies are almost always reluctant to pay claims to victims. Big insurers make huge profits year after year, and those profits are due to them finding ways to reduce or deny valid claims from people like you.
With an attorney working on your behalf, the insurance company will know that it can’t easily give you the runaround or give you a “lowball” settlement that isn’t enough to cover even a fraction of your accident-related expenses. In addition, you’ll also get peace of mind knowing that the current and future costs related to your injuries have been calculated and presented to the insurance company. That means you won’t find yourself in need of more money just weeks or months after receiving your settlement check.
Call us today for a free consultation and to get the help you deserve.
May 18th, 2017
Back in the day, phone book ads were the way to go for any local business. If you were going to be successful, you had to have an ad in “the book.” Otherwise, how would anyone know who you were or how to get in touch with you? With the advent of technology, that necessity has been replaced with websites, social media ads, and email campaigns, but the idea remains. If you own a business, you need to let people know about it.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we do a fair amount of advertising on television, online, and even billboards here and there. We get a lot of clients through these marketing channels, but we wouldn’t say they are our most meaningful method of securing new clients. That honor goes to client referrals, and over the years, we’ve received quite a few.
We love referrals for two reasons. From a practical standpoint, they don’t cost anything. But more important, they speak directly to our effectiveness as personal injury lawyers in Roanoke. When we get a referral, it means we did such a great job with a previous client that they recommended us to someone they care about. That’s high praise for any business, and we’re grateful for every one we get.
If you’ve been injured, call a law firm whose past results speak for themselves. Contact our experienced Roanoke personal injury lawyers today for a free consultation. We’re ready to help.
February 9th, 2017
So, you find yourself filing a personal injury claim. What is a claim anyway? Well, the definition is pretty revealing. According to Merriam-Webster, a claim is “a demand for something due” or “a right to something.” As an accident victim, you may be due certain compensation for what you’ve been through, and you have a right to go after it.
That’s where we come in. At Skolrood Law firm, we fight to get our clients what they are due. For many past clients, that has meant thousands, even millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. For example, we secured a $1,136,000 verdict for a woman who suffered multiple arm fractures and a $1,700,000 verdict for a man who suffered a leg injury. These astonishing results demonstrate our experience in maximizing injury claims, and we’re ready to do the same for you.
If you’ve been injured, call our experienced Roanoke personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation. We’ll review your case at no cost or obligation to you. If we take your case, we’ll do so on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t pay any fees unless we win money for you. Getting the money you deserve starts with a single phone call. Contact us today.
January 19th, 2017
The brain is the most complex organ in the body. Scientists and medical researchers have studied the brain for centuries and are only just beginning to unlock the many mysteries it holds. For example, in recent years, we’ve started to realize the impact a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have on a patient, and the effects can be crippling.
Traumatic brain injuries can occur in a number of situations, from a car accident to an impact during a sporting event. Because the initial physical implications are subtle, these impacts are often shaken off on the football field or dismissed by an accident victim. Unfortunately, a concussive event can turn into serious health complications if left unattended.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we handle brain injury cases for two reasons. First of all, we believe it’s important to educate our community on the dangers of TBIs. If you or someone you love has suffered an impact to the head, we urge you to seek medical attention immediately. The sooner a TBI is diagnosed, the better chance you have of limiting the long-term impact to your body. It’s worth the trip to potentially save your life.
Secondly, we believe Roanoke brain injury victims deserve to have an experienced brain injury attorney on their side, fighting for their best interests. Without that, important insurance benefits and other compensation may be lost forever. As our client, we’ll fight to get you maximum compensation for your injuries, so you can fully recover and move on with your life.
Give us a call for your free consultation, and let us put over 30 years of experience to work for you.
November 10th, 2016
As we’ve talked about often on this blog, there are a number of factors to consider when looking for the right attorney to handle your personal injury claim. You need a firm with the experience and expertise to properly handle your case. You need a firm that will treat you and your family with the respect and dignity you deserve. And you need a firm that will not settle for less than you deserve, no matter how long it takes. In short, you need a firm that gets results.
Here are some of the verdicts and settlements we’ve secured for our past clients:
- $1,136,235.61 Verdict
65-year-old female, right arm and elbow fractures, received one of the largest awards in county history
- $1,700,000 Settlement
40-year-old male, right leg fracture
- $1,400,000 Settlement
49-year-old female, hip fracture, tractor-trailer collision
- $940,000 Settlement
53-year-old male, hip and rib fractures
- $750,000 Settlement
80-year-old female, two broken legs
- $525,000 Settlement
47-year-old female, hand and knee injuries, tractor-trailer collision
At Skolrood Law Firm, we’re proud of the results we’ve secured for our clients over the years, because we know the significance behind the numbers. Every settlement or verdict we win for our clients represents far more than a dollar amount. It represents the path out of a truly dark situation—one that could have ended in a financial nightmare.
And if you’ve been injured, we’re ready to fight to get you maximum compensation for your injuries as well. Call our experienced Roanoke personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation. We’re ready to listen. We’re ready to help.
October 27th, 2016
Have you ever tried to drive a nail without a hammer? How about tighten a screw without a screwdriver? Having the right tool for the job is absolutely necessary for getting it done efficiently. That logic applies to personal injury law as well. In Roanoke, you have a number of law firms that can help you with your personal injury claim, but getting the right firm for your case is crucial to its success.
Here are 3 questions you should ask personal injury firms in Roanoke to determine whether or not they are the right firm to handle your case:
- Have you handled similar cases in the past? One important factor in choosing the right law firm is determining whether or not they have handled cases like yours. Just because they handle car accidents or motorcycle accidents doesn’t mean they have handled one with similar circumstances.
- What results have you gotten in similar cases? If they have handled similar cases, the next obvious question is what change of results did you get for those clients. That may be indicative of the result you would get if you go with their firm.
- How quickly can you settle my case? The right answer for this question is it depends on the insurance company. Be leery of any firm that says they will settle your claim in a set amount of time. Getting maximum results can sometimes require months of negotiating and even a trial. You want a firm that will go all the way, no matter how long it takes.
The best way to determine which law firm in Roanoke is right for you is to give them a call and ask a few questions. At Skolrood Law Firm, we offer free consultations to every accident victim who contacts us. If you’ve been injured, give our Roanoke personal injury lawyers a call today for a free consultation. We’re ready to answer any questions you might have at no cost or obligation to you, so contact us today.
August 11th, 2016
Calling a lawyer for a free consultation after an accident is an important decision, but it’s not one you should make lightly. Choosing the right law firm is essential to the success of your claim. Doing so requires a general understanding of the injury claim process. Here are the 5 stages of a personal injury claim:
- Consultation—The first step to a personal injury claim is a free consultation with an attorney. The goal of this consultation from your perspective is to determine whether the law firm is a good fit. From the law firm’s perspective, the goal is to determine whether or not you have a case.
- Investigation—Once you secure legal representation, your attorney and his/her team of investigators will start investigating the cause of your injuries. At Skolrood Law Firm, this stage includes examining the accident scene, interviewing witnesses, scrutinizing the accident report, and consulting with medical professionals to determine the extent of your injuries. The investigative process is vital to your case, as it is the cornerstone for all that follows.
- Demand—The next step is presenting a demand for monetary compensation to the insurance company based on what was discovered in the investigative process. You can expect the insurance company to push back on this first request for compensation, as they want to pay as little as possible for your injuries.
- Negotiation—After the initial demand is submitted, the insurance company will more than likely present a counter settlement offer. This begins the negotiations process. The goal for both parties is to come to a mutually agreeable compromise for compensation. Whether or not that’s possible determines how the next stage will unfold.
- Settlement/Trial—If a settlement agreement is made, then you’ll receive compensation relatively quickly. If the insurance company refuses to play fair in the negotiation process, then you have the option to file a lawsuit and take the fight to the courtroom where it will be settled in a trial.
If you’ve been injured, give our Roanoke personal injury attorneys a call today for your free consultation. We have both the knowledge and experience to maximize your injury claim, and we’re ready to put that experience to work for you.
February 25th, 2016
There are a number of factors to consider when hiring a law firm to represent you in a personal injury case. What type of fee arrangement do they offer? Will they assist you in getting proper medical treatment for your injuries? Who will be handling my case and how long have they been practicing law? All of these questions are relevant and should be on your list of things to ask any law firm you consider. However, one very important question should be at the top that list:
Do you get results?
At Skolrood Law Firm, we have a rich history of getting our clients significant settlements for their personal injury claim and we’re proud of those results. Here are just a few of verdicts and settlements we’ve gotten our clients:
- $1,136,235.61 Verdict: 65-year-old female, right arm and elbow fractures, received one of the largest awards in county history
- $1,700,000 Settlement: 40-year-old male, right leg fracture
- $1,400,000 Settlement: 49-year-old female, hip fracture, tractor-trailer collision
- $940,000 Settlement: 53-year-old male, hip and rib fractures
- $750,000 Settlement: 80-year-old female, two broken legs
- $525,000 Settlement: 47-year-old female, hand and knee injuries, tractor-trailer collision
We can’t guarantee we’ll get you a million dollars for your personal injury claim, but we can promise that we’ll do everything within our power to get you maximum compensation for your injuries. Give us a call today for a free consultation.