October 8th, 2020
Few people wake up in the morning and consider the possibility that their lives may be at risk simply by doing their jobs. But that’s reality for many Virginians in a variety of occupations. Unfortunately, their risks may be magnified when their employers knowingly put them in harm’s way or fail to provide adequate training and safety equipment.
What qualifies as a work-related wrongful death? It can include fatal accidents, injuries, and illnesses such as:
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and materials—Workers in certain scientific, research, and industrial roles may be exposed to deadly chemicals. If they don’t receive proper training or safety equipment, they could be seriously injured or die.
- Lack of safeguards for heavy machinery—Many construction and industrial jobs require that workers be around heavy machinery. These devices should have sufficient safeguards to prevent workers from coming into accidental contact with them or being fatally injured.
- Falls from significant heights—Some jobs require that workers scale ladders, catwalks, scaffolding, and other suspended objects. When workers are doing their jobs high off the ground, safeguards should be in place to prevent them from falling if they lose their balance.
These are just a few of the work-related deaths and fatal injuries that can be considered wrongful deaths. If your loved one died on the job, it’s important to get in touch with an experienced Roanoke wrongful death lawyer right away. At Skolrood Law Firm, we can investigate what happened and determine your family’s best path forward. Contact us today for a free consultation.
July 30th, 2020
The idea of calling a lawyer and going through the process of filing a compensation claim after the death of a loved one can seem out of the question for many people. But as time goes on, it often becomes clear that there’s a significant financial impact of their loss in addition to the emotional impact. When a primary income-earner dies, their loved ones may struggle to pay their everyday living expenses, and that’s when a wrongful death claim can help.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers help families like yours recover compensation for:
- Medical bills—If your loved one needed medical treatment before passing away, you may have already spent tens of thousands of dollars and be on the hook for even more bills. A wrongful death claim can help you get money to cover those expenses.
- Lost wages—Whether the deceased was the primary income-earner in your household or simply contributed to your household income, losing their paychecks can be a major financial hit. We can help you get a settlement to replace the money you’ve lost.
- Pain and suffering—Your family will never be the same after your loss. Losing companionship and a strong familial bond can be difficult for everyone involved, and it can affect life for years to come. We believe this loss should be acknowledged and well compensated.
You wouldn’t pay out of pocket for injuries after an accident that wasn’t your fault, and you shouldn’t have to do so after a death that was caused by someone else’s negligence. Contact us today for a free consultation and to see how we can help you.
April 30th, 2020
If you recently lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, the Roanoke wrongful death lawyers at Skolrood Law Firm want to help. Wrongful deaths can occur in a variety of circumstances, whether it’s an auto accident, motorcycle accident, slip and fall, or even medical malpractice. Simply put—if your loved one’s death was preventable and caused by carelessness, an oversight, or aggressive behavior, we want to speak with you.
It’s our job to get dependents, spouses, children, and other people related to those who died in wrongful death incidents full compensation for their losses. When you contact us, we’ll collect evidence that shows your loved one wasn’t at fault for their fatal accident, injury, or illness. Then, we’ll determine how much your family is owed for things like medical bills, lost wages, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of support and companionship, and more. Finally, we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to get you paid.
When you’re grieving the loss of someone you love, the last thing you should have to deal with is an uncooperative insurance company that’s doing everything it can to avoid paying you the money you deserve. Leave that up to us. We have many years of experience fighting for the rights of injured victims and their families, and we know what it takes to win. In addition, we’ll be your advocate from day one. We know you’re going through one of the most difficult experiences in life, and we’re here for you.
Get in touch with us today for a free consultation. Leave the legal process up to us, while you focus on grieving and honoring your loved one’s memory.
February 27th, 2020
When you pursue a compensation claim because of an injury, it’s essential that you feel comfortable with the law firm that’s building your claim. Having a level of comfort and trust is even more important when your loved one passed away because of their injuries. At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers do everything in our power to give families like yours peace of mind throughout the legal process.
We know that you’re grieving your loss during this difficult time, and the last thing you want is to deal with the insurance company, filling out endless paperwork, and negotiating a settlement. When you call us, we’ll handle that for you. We’ll collect evidence that proves your loved one wasn’t at fault for their accident or injury, and then we’ll determine exactly how much money you’re owed for your loss. Finally, we’ll demand that the insurance company pay you fairly for what you’ve gone through—and if they don’t agree, we won’t hesitate to take them to court.
In addition to aggressively pursuing compensation on your behalf, we’ll also show you and your loved ones the compassion you need while you grieve your loss. We know that losing a family member is one of the most difficult experiences in life, and we’ll do everything we can to support you while you begin to move forward. Contact us today for a free consultation of your wrongful death claim. We know what you’re going through, and we have the tools, resources, and experience to help.
December 26th, 2019
If you recently lost a loved one due to a preventable accident, injury, or illness, you’re grieving and may have many questions and concerns on your mind. A common concern after a death in the family is money, especially if the deceased was the primary income-earner for the household. The costs of medical bills and funeral expenses on top of your usual expenses can be too much to bear without the paychecks your family depended on.
At Skolrood Law Firm, it’s our goal to help the surviving family members of people who died because of others’ negligence get the compensation they deserve. Just as we help people who are injured in accidents, we also help grieving family members after the deaths of their loved ones.
We know how difficult the aftermath of a loved one’s death can be. When you contact us, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers will treat you and your family with the respect, care, and consideration you need during this painful time. In addition, we’ll do everything in our power to maximize your chances of getting full compensation for all related expenses.
You’ve gone through enough already. The last thing you need is to deal with huge bills you can’t afford and an uncooperative insurance company who wants to reduce or deny you the payments you deserve. Let us handle that while you spend time with your family and grieve your loss. Contact us today for a free consultation to find out how we can help.
October 24th, 2019
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences in life. It can be even harder to deal with when the deceased was the primary income earner for your household. If your loved one’s death was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim to get compensation for expenses such as medical bills, lost wages, and loss of companionship.
However, wrongful death claims are often difficult to build and prove. Having an experienced Roanoke wrongful death lawyer on your side can be helpful throughout this process in three key ways:
- We’ll handle all communication with the insurance company—When you’re grieving your loss, the last thing you want is a constant back and forth with the insurance company. After getting a lawyer on your side, the insurance company will have to communicate with us instead.
- We’ll determine how much money you’re owed—Wrongful death claims are often more complex than personal injury claims. That’s because there are more factors involved, including loss of companionship and consortium. We’ll calculate exactly how much money your family is owed for what you’re going through.
- We’ll fight to get you every penny—Insurance companies remain profitable by reducing or denying claims whenever they can. We won’t let the insurance company mistreat you or dismiss you after the death of your loved one, and we’ll fight to maximize your chances of getting full damages.
The legal team at Skolrood Law Firm is ready and waiting to assist you during this difficult time. Contact us today for a free consultation.
August 29th, 2019
Many types of accidents have the potential to seriously injure or even kill innocent victims. When injuries occur, victims can often file compensation claims to recover damages for their medical bills and lost wages. When accidents result in death, surviving family members can also file compensation claims for similar expenses, as well as funeral costs, loss of companionship, and more.
There are many types of accidents that can lead to wrongful death claims, including:
- Auto accidents—When drivers are negligent, they can cause crashes that may result in serious injuries to other drivers and their passengers. Car accidents are among the top cause of accidental deaths in the U.S., and they’re often the result of careless driving habits.
- Motorcycle accidents—Drivers are supposed to be on the lookout for motorcyclists on Virginia’s roadways. But drivers don’t always pay close attention to their surroundings. When they don’t scan the road for oncoming vehicles, including motorcycles, they can cause fatal accidents.
- Truck accidents—Big trucks can be extremely dangerous when they’re involved in crashes with passenger vehicles. That’s because semi-trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and are dozens of feet in length. Multiple parties can be held liable after fatal truck accidents, including drivers, companies, owners, and other motorists.
Those are just a few examples of accidents that can result in deaths and potential wrongful death claims. If your loved one was killed in an accident that was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact the Roanoke wrongful death lawyers at Skolrood Law Firm today for a free consultation.
July 4th, 2019
When someone is injured through no fault of their own, they or their loved ones may be eligible to file a compensation claim to recover their accident-related expenses, including medical bills and lost wages. The same is true if an accident or injury results in death. When surviving family members file claims on behalf of a loved one who was killed due to another person’s or party’s negligence, it’s called a wrongful death claim.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we know that the days, weeks, and months after the death of a loved one can be a difficult and emotional time. But we also know that many grieving families face financial difficulties and need money for everyday living expenses, let alone remaining medical bills and funeral expenses. Our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers have helped many families who are grieving the loss of a loved one, and we know what it takes to help them get the compensation they deserve.
If you recently lost a family member due to someone else’s negligence, we want to help you. You’ve got enough to deal with already, and the last thing you should have to worry about it is proving to the insurance company that someone else was at fault for your loved one’s death. Let us handle the back and forth with the adjuster and the negotiation process while you honor your loved one’s memory and focus on moving forward with your life.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We’re ready to put our experience to work for your family.
May 2nd, 2019
The loss of a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences you can go through in your life. The grief and shock you’re experiencing can be even worse if your loved one’s death was preventable and was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death attorneys have helped many grieving family members just like you after their loved ones died due to the carelessness of others. You shouldn’t have to go through this difficult time on your own, and you shouldn’t have to pay for the expenses related to your loved one’s death out of your own pocket.
When you hire our legal team, we can provide the following assistance:
- We’ll collect evidence to determine who was at fault—Whether your loved one died in an auto accident, a workplace accident, or due to medical mistakes, we’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about their cause of death.
- We’ll determine how much money your family is owed—Losing a loved one isn’t just emotionally devastating—it can also be financially devastating. We’ll determine how much money your family should receive, including compensation for medical bills, funeral costs, and lost companionship.
- We’ll negotiate with the insurance company—The last thing you should deal with is the back-and-forth with the insurance company after your loved one’s death. Let us handle that instead. It’s our goal to get you every penny you deserve.
Don’t go it alone after your loved one’s death. Call Skolrood Law Firm today for a free consultation.
March 14th, 2019
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences in life. It can be even more difficult if the death was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers are here to help surviving family members get compensation for the losses of their loved ones. Whether your loved one’s death was due to an auto accident, a medical mistake, a lack of workplace safety protocols, or any other negligence-related oversight, our team is ready to help you and your family.
When you choose our law firm to handle your claim, we’ll start working on your behalf right away by:
- Collecting evidence that proves negligence contributed to your loved one’s death—Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay fair claims to surviving family members after wrongful deaths. We can collect evidence that leaves no doubt about the circumstances that led to your loved one’s death.
- Calculating how much money your family is owed—Losing a loved one isn’t just emotionally traumatic—it can also be financially devastating. We’ll determine how much money your family deserves for things like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering—and then we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to help you get every penny.
Wrongful death claims are sensitive in nature and require the help of law firms that know how to navigate their complexities. Don’t trust your wrongful death claim with just any attorney—contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for your family.