August 29th, 2019
Many types of accidents have the potential to seriously injure or even kill innocent victims. When injuries occur, victims can often file compensation claims to recover damages for their medical bills and lost wages. When accidents result in death, surviving family members can also file compensation claims for similar expenses, as well as funeral costs, loss of companionship, and more.
There are many types of accidents that can lead to wrongful death claims, including:
- Auto accidents—When drivers are negligent, they can cause crashes that may result in serious injuries to other drivers and their passengers. Car accidents are among the top cause of accidental deaths in the U.S., and they’re often the result of careless driving habits.
- Motorcycle accidents—Drivers are supposed to be on the lookout for motorcyclists on Virginia’s roadways. But drivers don’t always pay close attention to their surroundings. When they don’t scan the road for oncoming vehicles, including motorcycles, they can cause fatal accidents.
- Truck accidents—Big trucks can be extremely dangerous when they’re involved in crashes with passenger vehicles. That’s because semi-trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and are dozens of feet in length. Multiple parties can be held liable after fatal truck accidents, including drivers, companies, owners, and other motorists.
Those are just a few examples of accidents that can result in deaths and potential wrongful death claims. If your loved one was killed in an accident that was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact the Roanoke wrongful death lawyers at Skolrood Law Firm today for a free consultation.
July 4th, 2019
When someone is injured through no fault of their own, they or their loved ones may be eligible to file a compensation claim to recover their accident-related expenses, including medical bills and lost wages. The same is true if an accident or injury results in death. When surviving family members file claims on behalf of a loved one who was killed due to another person’s or party’s negligence, it’s called a wrongful death claim.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we know that the days, weeks, and months after the death of a loved one can be a difficult and emotional time. But we also know that many grieving families face financial difficulties and need money for everyday living expenses, let alone remaining medical bills and funeral expenses. Our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers have helped many families who are grieving the loss of a loved one, and we know what it takes to help them get the compensation they deserve.
If you recently lost a family member due to someone else’s negligence, we want to help you. You’ve got enough to deal with already, and the last thing you should have to worry about it is proving to the insurance company that someone else was at fault for your loved one’s death. Let us handle the back and forth with the adjuster and the negotiation process while you honor your loved one’s memory and focus on moving forward with your life.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We’re ready to put our experience to work for your family.
May 2nd, 2019
The loss of a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences you can go through in your life. The grief and shock you’re experiencing can be even worse if your loved one’s death was preventable and was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death attorneys have helped many grieving family members just like you after their loved ones died due to the carelessness of others. You shouldn’t have to go through this difficult time on your own, and you shouldn’t have to pay for the expenses related to your loved one’s death out of your own pocket.
When you hire our legal team, we can provide the following assistance:
- We’ll collect evidence to determine who was at fault—Whether your loved one died in an auto accident, a workplace accident, or due to medical mistakes, we’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about their cause of death.
- We’ll determine how much money your family is owed—Losing a loved one isn’t just emotionally devastating—it can also be financially devastating. We’ll determine how much money your family should receive, including compensation for medical bills, funeral costs, and lost companionship.
- We’ll negotiate with the insurance company—The last thing you should deal with is the back-and-forth with the insurance company after your loved one’s death. Let us handle that instead. It’s our goal to get you every penny you deserve.
Don’t go it alone after your loved one’s death. Call Skolrood Law Firm today for a free consultation.
March 14th, 2019
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences in life. It can be even more difficult if the death was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers are here to help surviving family members get compensation for the losses of their loved ones. Whether your loved one’s death was due to an auto accident, a medical mistake, a lack of workplace safety protocols, or any other negligence-related oversight, our team is ready to help you and your family.
When you choose our law firm to handle your claim, we’ll start working on your behalf right away by:
- Collecting evidence that proves negligence contributed to your loved one’s death—Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay fair claims to surviving family members after wrongful deaths. We can collect evidence that leaves no doubt about the circumstances that led to your loved one’s death.
- Calculating how much money your family is owed—Losing a loved one isn’t just emotionally traumatic—it can also be financially devastating. We’ll determine how much money your family deserves for things like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering—and then we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to help you get every penny.
Wrongful death claims are sensitive in nature and require the help of law firms that know how to navigate their complexities. Don’t trust your wrongful death claim with just any attorney—contact us today for a free consultation, and let us put our experience to work for your family.
January 4th, 2019
If you recently lost a loved one, you’re going through one of the most difficult times of your life. In addition to mourning his or her loss, you also may be worried about how you’ll manage your family’s finances—especially if your loved one was a significant contributor to your household’s income.
It’s important to note that surviving family members are often eligible to file wrongful death claims when their loved ones die due to other people’s or parties’ negligence. Just as injured victims can seek compensation after accidents that weren’t their fault, so too can the family members of people who died due to preventable and negligence-related causes.
At Skolrood Law Firm, it’s our goal to help grieving families get the money they deserve after the deaths of their loved ones. Our Roanoke wrongful death attorneys know that many families find it difficult to keep up with day-to-day living expenses after losing loved ones, especially when they’re still paying for medical bills and funeral expenses.
When you choose us to handle your wrongful death claim, we’ll collect evidence that leaves no doubt about what caused your loved one’s death. Then, we’ll calculate what a fair settlement would be for your family, and we’ll negotiate with the insurance company to help you get it. Call us today for a free consultation—we’re ready to fight for your rights.
October 25th, 2018
Getting your life and the lives of your loved ones back to normal as much as possible is one of your top priorities after the death of a family member. But it can be difficult to accomplish that when you’re dealing with the loss of income that you counted on for your day-to-day living expenses.
When someone is hurt or even killed because of another person’s or party’s negligence, their loved ones can file compensation claims on their behalf. Getting full compensation is often a challenge, as insurance companies are reluctant to pay settlements to victims and their families. Wrongful death claims present additional challenges, as many surviving family members don’t want to deal with the back-and-forth with the insurance company or the large amounts of paperwork, phone calls, and other hassles associated with those claims.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers are dedicated to lifting that burden off the shoulders of people like you. You have enough to deal with already—you shouldn’t have to spend your days collecting and submitting paperwork or negotiating with the insurance company. Let us handle that aspect of your compensation claim for you.
When you choose our law firm to handle your wrongful death lawsuit, you’ll get a legal team that knows how to collect evidence that proves your loved one’s death was caused by negligence. We’ll also calculate how much money your family is owed for your loss, and we’ll fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
August 30th, 2018
If you recently lost a loved one, you have enough on your mind already. You’re grieving your loss and doing your best to adjust alongside your family members. The last thing you should be focused on is dealing with the insurance company and the seemingly endless back and forth associated with compensation claims.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we can take that burden off of your shoulders. We know how difficult this time can be for your entire family, and that’s why we’ll do everything we can to allow you to focus on what’s most important.
When you choose our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers, you’ll get the following assistance:
- We’ll prove your loved one’s death was preventable and caused by negligence. Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay claims to surviving family members after wrongful deaths. But when they’re presented with compelling evidence, they often have no choice but to begin the process of offering a settlement.
- We’ll negotiate how much money your family deserves. Even when insurance companies concede and prepare a settlement, the money is often insufficient for families’ losses. We’ll determine how much money you deserve for things like medical bills, lost wages, and loss of companionship.
- We’ll handle all communication with the insurance company. When we take on your claim, the insurance company will have to go through us to get to you. That means you won’t be bothered by phone calls, emails, or social media messages from adjusters.
Get in touch with us today for a free consultation and to see how our years of experience can be put to work for your family.
July 12th, 2018
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers have helped many families like yours after the death of a loved one.
We know that you’re going through one of the most difficult times in your life. Dealing with the legal process, the insurance company, and the paperwork that goes along with filing a claim may seem like the last thing you want to do.
It’s important to remember that the loss of a loved one can affect you in many ways, including financially. That’s especially true if the deceased was the major or primary income-earner for your household. Just as victims and their families can file claims for compensation after negligence-related accidents and injuries, so too can surviving family members after negligence leads to deaths.
In addition to getting compensation for things like your loved one’s lost wages, funeral costs, and medical bills, as well as your pain and suffering and loss of companionship, filing a wrongful death lawsuit can also help deter future negligence in the form of punitive damages.
Punitive damages are awarded to victims’ family members after wrongful death claims, and they’re designed as a form of financial punishment for the responsible parties.
Pursuing compensation is a personal decision after the death of a loved one, but getting the money you and your loved ones deserve after your loss can help you move forward with your lives and honor the memory of the family member you lost.
To find out how we may be able to help you during this difficult time, call us or fill out a free consultation form.
May 17th, 2018
Dealing with the death of a loved one can be overwhelming. You need time to grieve, but you also may be worried about how you and your family will stay on top of bills and everyday living expenses—especially if the deceased was the primary income earner for your household.
At Skolrood Law Firm, our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers are here to take some of that burden off your shoulders. You shouldn’t have to spend time worrying about the legal side of your loved one’s death—you have enough to deal with already.
It’s our goal to do everything we can for you and your family. If you choose us to handle your case, you can find peace of mind knowing that our attorneys will:
- Collect evidence that proves your loved one’s death was avoidable—Whether your loved one was killed in a motor vehicle accident, a work-related accident, or due to a medical mistake, we’ll make sure the insurance company knows that his or her death was preventable, avoidable, and caused by another person’s or party’s negligence.
- Calculate how much money you’re owed—Medical bills, funeral expenses, and current and future lost income can turn many households upside down after a death. We’ll calculate how much you’re owed for your loss, and we’ll fight to maximize your chances of getting it.
Let us handle the paperwork and communication with the insurance company, while you focus on taking care of your family and honoring your loved one’s memory. Call today for a free consultation.
March 29th, 2018
Losing a loved one can be one of the most difficult experiences of your life, especially if his or her death was due to another person’s or party’s negligence. It can be even more difficult if he or she was a primary income earner for your household and you and your other family members aren’t in a position to replace the lost income.
At Skolrood Law Firm, we know that a family member’s death can be difficult for many reasons, and we also know that many families experience significant disruptions in their lifestyles and even their abilities to keep up with day-to-day living expenses as a result.
Filing a wrongful death claim may help you recover compensation for your loved one’s death, but it’s important to first establish that your loved one’s death qualifies for damages. Wrongful death claims can stem from a variety of accidents and scenarios, such as:
- Auto accidents – When drivers violate traffic laws and cause fatal accidents by speeding, driving under the influence, or driving recklessly, they can be held responsible for any accident-related deaths.
- Medical malpractice – Healthcare professionals can be held liable if their mistakes result in patient deaths, especially if their mistakes are due to carelessness or negligence.
- Workplace accidents – Employers are responsible for protecting their employees by providing adequate training, safety equipment, and safe environments. When they fail to do so, employees can be seriously injured or even killed—and employers can be held responsible.
Our Roanoke wrongful death lawyers are here to answer your questions and address your concerns regarding this difficult and sensitive matter. Call us today for a free consultation.